This grow definitely had its challenges. This was my first DWC project which got off to a slow start due to weak lighting. Once the problem was corrected she seemed to get over it and then grew nicely for a while. The stresses early on caused her to stretch really hard... to the point where I couldn't raise my lights any higher. I started to tie her down in a panic to try and keep it under control, but she kept reaching for the light. After several days with the lower canopy choked out from light and the upper canopy burning from being too close, she wasn't doing so good. The sugar leaf in the upper colas was dry and brittle and the top of some of the buds were turning white.
I took her down today in an effort to get the most I can without compromising the quality any further. It is definitely premature, the majority of the pistils were all still white and standing up straight.. it kind of just smells like fresh vegetation, no real canna smell unless I handle the buds.
I take full responsibility for the outcome of this grow... it was a learning experience. In no way would I ever try to blame the genetics for my end result. In fact, I have 9 more of these beans and can't wait to have another shot at it! I see the potential for some really top quality buds.
3 months ago