Mellow smoke but still quite grassy as it's not been cured. Unfortunately I only managed to get in a few days flushing before I had to chop due to the bud rot so I think a long cure will be necessary. Nice looking buds though and now she's mostly dried plenty of amber trichs and hairs ! I think she was more ready than I thought ! I dried loose buds in a paper bag and hung up larger branches then trimmed off stems and transferred to paper bags once most of the buds felt tacky and not wet. It is very humid here so I felt a slightly quicker drying method was needed to prevent any mold developing. Thankfully no more mold as of yet :)
Little update, after around a week drying I fully inspected all buds and still found a couple of tiny areas of mold which I have removed so all buds have been trimmed off their stalks and fully air dried. I plan to decarb and turn the remainder in to green dragon tincture so all is not lost :) still a great experience, however !
All in all an easy grow, definitely faced with more difficulties outside due to bugs and mold but easy to care for, vigorous and not a fussy plant. I would like to run one inside and see the difference in yeild but for a first time outdoor northern grow 2.5oz is not bad for a beginner, definitely considering I lost 2 branches and the top part of the cola :)
Also got a nice 2oz bag of wet trim to play with so I'll be making some edibles in the near future !