Hello to everyone, comerades! :blush:
This is my second experience of growing cannabis and the first report. Before I had grown F2 auto hybrids in another box and got a success :grin: So I understand the process now, and this time I decided to be more prepared: I’ve made a new box with high-pressure sodium lamps and bought branded seeds with original genetics. First things first.
Northern Express – indica/ruderalis by Fast Buds. As I’ve learned from the feedbacks, it’s a strong plant that doesn’t require any special growing skills, and I think it’s a good hybrid. So we’ll check it out :wink:
Sure, the seeds are feminized auto flowers. I’m curious about its size and time of blossoming. I’m ready to get a big plant with durable blossom.
cheap and easy to make and adapt. So I decided to use MDF, and it is really easy to work with it. The material is soft, the size fits perfectly, it’s cheap and light. The only problem is that I had some troubles with the framing, as I have not experience in it. Ideas came to me in the process and I implemented them, so the frame looks a bit unprecise and slightly sloping, but its operability is ok)))
60x60x120cm, about 0,35m2. Taking into account the height of pots and the distance to the lamp – it allows growing plants of 70-75cm high (optimally) and of 80-85cm (end to end). The box is optimized for 4-6 auto flowers or 2-3 regular plants. It’s painted white.
high-pressure sodium lamps 250 Philips Son-T 28000lm + ESL 6400 32W + one additional lamp 75W. Electromagnetic ballast + Ignitor Ein Hashofet are outside the box. I don’t have enough money for good ESL, so I took the ones I found at home. Afterwards I’ll replace them with 4x45W lamps and maybe make some deflectors for them.
Ventilation is quite interesting. The lamp is inside the cool tube that is ventilated with a pair of 100 cubic meters per hour vents (cheap and cheerful), and it blows through the box. The lamp is fixed, so I can not move it up or down. In sum, we have a very short air track without bends, so the cool tube is warm, but it is ok – one can constantly warm hands. There is one more vent for air injection (the same for plants, as the flow is strong and seems like breeze inside the box) + two passive blowing in the ceiling made of plastic gears and metal air circuit. It is bended and doesn’t let the light in, but it blows out air. If it will be too hot in summer, I can set a cooler 100x100 into the reducer and make it active. So, we have delta temperature 3-5 degrees. I think it’s a great result. It’s not noisy, and it’s not typical for vents (I have chosen a more expensive model).
I will use Morris Green universal soil. It delighted my friend and me. I’ll mix it with vermiculite and perlite, a drainage is crumbled foam. The pots are made of water cans of 8-8.5l. There are some drainage holes.
Fertilizers are the following:
Etisso for vega and flowers, Uniflor Micro, monophosphate and calcium nitrate + sulfate. I use humate Energen to stimulate growth and liquid vermicompost (all plants love it) as an additional supplement.
That’s it. If you have any questions, ask. Time to start. Watering seeds (no photo, it’s too obvious). Seeds will germinate in cotton discs impregnated with a solution of Energen. I’ll plant them in two days, and I’ll write about it. Light schedule is 18/6 all the time. The first 7-10 days ESL, than I’ll turn on high-pressure sodium lamps.
I’m not going to do bending – only if the leaves will be too many. I like natural look of the plant, so the difference in the result is not so important as an esthetic component. I’ll try to make the report as detailed as possible, learn something new, help the others and grow tasty cones :smiley: So wish me luck, let’s do it! :grin:
The third day:
As I’d predicted, the seeds germinated and were planted in two days after germination. The soil was mixed with vermiculite and perlite (by eye) and was wetted with a light solution of potassium humate Energen. I’ve planted them to the depth of 3-4cm and powdered with loose soil.
Lightning is going to be 18/6 till the end. Now there are 3 ESL 6400 32W. The plant is on the second shelf in 30cm from the lamp. When it gets bigger, I’ll put it closer – in 10cm from the lamp. I use cold white light is for better leaves gaining, improving branching (proven), and as a little drag to growing higher. In 10-14 days I’ll turn on high-pressure sodium lamps.
I won’t feed them with fertilizers, I only use a light solution of Energen and after 10 days I’ll add a light solution of vermicompost. The day will start at about 18pm and end up at 12am. The night – from 12am to 18pm. Everything seems ok so far. :wink: When it germinates, I’ll post.
The end of the week:
Peace to everyone!
So, here are my news: the plant has germinated, there are a couple of little leaves already.
In 2-3 days I’ll put them closer to the lamp, at the end of this week I’ll turn on sodium lamps. The temperature is about 25-26 degrees. I spray plants 1-2 times a day when the soil gets dry.