There hasn't been all that much happening this week.
The plants are still having to fight against the weather, and the partly strong winds and increasingly cold nights are definitely leaving their mark.
🌱 SIRIUS BLACK
Sirius Black is developing increasingly yellow leaves.
The yellowing is mainly affecting the older, larger leaves and seems to be slowly spreading from the edges and tips towards the centre of the leaves and further towards the stems.
It looks to me like there might be some kind of issue with nutrient uptake, although I'm not completely sure what is causing it yet.
For now, I'll keep a close eye on her and see how the symptoms develop.
This week, all of the plants received 10 ml of BioTabs Bio PK 5-8. 🌱
🌿 GOLOSA
Our mutant Golosa continues to surprise me. 🤩🌱
The two main branches that developed from her unusual growth pattern are now producing two very different-looking flowers.
The thinner main branch is developing what looks like a completely normal flower, while the thicker one is producing a strange, elongated, almost doubled flower structure.
The shape strongly reminds me of some of the images I've seen online when looking at examples of what is described as polyploid growth.
At this point, I'm obviously not saying that this is actually polyploidy — I'm simply describing what I'm seeing.
What makes it even more interesting is that the main stem almost looks as if it is made up of three stems fused together, before splitting again at the top into one single and one doubled growth structure.
It's honestly pretty wild to look at. 😂🌱
Because this plant is showing such unusual growth, I decided to take a cutting from this particular specimen as a precaution, just to preserve the genetics for now.
I'm really curious to see how these unusual structures continue to develop. 👀🌸
🌸 APPALACHIAN KUSH
Unfortunately, I found some bud rot developing in the main cola of the more advanced Appalachian Kush.
I removed the affected area quite generously for now and will be monitoring the plant very closely over the next few days.
If the problem continues to spread, I may have to harvest her earlier than planned.
That's obviously not something I want to do, especially with the flowers still having some time to develop.
On the other hand, I have to weigh that against the risk of allowing the problem to spread further.
If it does continue, the priority will be damage control rather than waiting for the perfect harvest window.
If I end up harvesting her early, my current plan is to freeze the freshly harvested material and potentially process it into bubble hash at a later point.
For now, though, I'll give her a few more days and keep a very close eye on that main cola and the other buds. 👀🌸
The weather is definitely making this outdoor run more challenging than expected.
Let's see what the next few days bring. 🤞🌱💚