How It Works Start My Diary Login Sign Up
green_leaf started grow question 4 years ago
After taking Pictures @ Day 27 I fimmed Church,CBD+ & PPP but i think they don't recognize it...
It seems that the leafs grown up normal...should i topping these girls or waiting for 2-3 more days?
25 weeks
Mixed_it_up green_leaf
91 comments · 3 years ago
Week 4
Techniques. Defoliation
CRiSPrGrow answered grow question 4 years ago
hey @green_leaf , actually i think you are successful ! you did a good FIM and the plants are healthy so they are recovering well... what you want to do if you want to try again is wait a bit until maybe the 5th node appears before you try again especially for topping, you need to wait for the root mass to be big enough so that the plants have the "strength" to recover. So you should wait more than a few days for sure, at least a week before you try again for church + PPP... i think that the critical and the CBD are ready to be topped again based on your photos. So go for it if you want to ! hope this helps you make the right choice my friend ! :rocket:
Experimentgreen answered grow question 4 years ago
Hey greenLeaf, i got the luxury of seeing photos weeks mater, but your canopy looks nice and flat for the most I think they did get the signal from the fim which is great. But now I'm seeing your leaf changes you first thought through the last couple weeks was needing some cal-mag, just with how the color between the veins are. What's your feeding schedule like? Are you doing any bottled or dry nutrients? Or did you setup things to be more living soil related? I know potassium deficiency can give those odd stripes through the leaves as well. You mentioned ph, but you're at least in the realm of 6.1-6.8 which i thought was our main target area. So maybe think of a supplement or a nutrient that might be helpful..either some sort of calmag or maybe a micro/grow(or bloom depending when you're planning on flipping).
I hope they settle down for you soon and everyone offered some good help. Happy growing. :v:
HighTV answered grow question 4 years ago
Hey there @green_leaf If the fim didn't take it was mostly not close enough to the inner stem. I recommended at least a week over recovery time before attempting to FIM or top again to allow the plants time to recover! Its no big deal just a little lost time! Looking at your week 5 photos you have very clear Chlorosis(yellowing) followed by Necrosis(death) on the fan leaf you highlighted in your picture. This is due to PH fluctuations causing your plant to not take nutrients in! Make sure to PH your water strictly and if you do regulate it well already then you will want to reduce your feed amounts and increase how often you do it. Adding less water more often keeps the PH more stabilized! Hope that helps :sunglasses:
OutForReal answered grow question 4 years ago
Hello! I would advise you to wait for 2 or 3 days , the time for the plants to recover from the previous fimming in attempt to low down the stress , this is the average advice. Now my personal advice is that I would already done the second Fiming if I were you , because of your hybrids system and the high oxygenation of your medium I think that your plant can handle it and will 'recover quickly from it. And don't worry if you miss a fim you are suposed to at least top your plant, FIM means Fuck I Miss It , so a missed topping. I hope it will help you :grin::+1:
Stick answered grow question 4 years ago
Hi @green_leaf! You should always give your plant some time to recover after a surgery operation such as toppping or fimming. At least a week, in order not to shock her twice in a row. Plus, waiting for the upper node to be a few days old is always a good idea, by removing a well-developed node you will speed up the recovery process and the new growth will appear much faster. Hope this makes sense, give us your feedback as soon as you have proceeded to the new surgery, and happy growing :facepunch: